2.02.2009

Here We Go Again

After much searching and frustration I have finally joined a gym. I am convinced that the gym selection in Kansas City is worse than any city I have lived in before. But, after weighing my options I decided on the YMCA.

Believe me, the outside is much prettier than the inside. And the actual name of this YMCA is the "Paul Henson Family YMCA." Yes, the family word is present. I was obviously short on options.

And so the training begins for the Hospital Hill half marathon on June 6th. This is your official warning as I will no doubt be complaining about every single ache and pain that I encounter. 2 hours 15 minutes is my current goal. We'll see if that has to be adjusted due to injury.

Below is a pic from Woodside Racquet club, the gym that I wanted to join. But, I decided to save $3o a month and spend it on a Netflix subscription and alcohol. Besides, I don't need special tasty water and attractive people. I'll take the old folks and screaming children at the YMCA. Damn it.

2 comments:

  1. Is that for real?!? Citrus water? Oh geez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the water at my hotel....

    ReplyDelete